- I am hoping to talk to an ex student who is now a playwright and theatre director about the possibility of Tallis hosting a performance of a new improvised piece called "Home" by the company Tangled Feet.
- We could commission a range of artists to respond to the school environment using a variety of strategies (sound, illustration, graffiti etc.) so that work is installed at the weekend and we return to unexplained and surprising spaces on Monday morning
- We could commission the Sixth Form Guerilla Art squad under the direction of our artist in residence Michael Shaw, to complete a series of interventions in the spaces of the current building. They have already developed some work along these lines and I can ask Mike (who is a very respected sound artist in his own right) to tell us more about what they've been doing at a future meeting.
- We could work with a photographer to create unusual photographic representations of the building
- We could present our manifesto for a Creative Tallis to parents at a special event and ask parents to volunteer their talents in future school projects
- We could attend a future Leadership Team meeting to present what we've been up to and make recommendations about the support we need from the school to move the creativity agenda forward
Finally, I would like to draw your intention to The Experiment. It is a podcast created by Kevin Quigley for The Institute of Contemporary Arts. It's a bit bonkers but, if you like strange music and abstract soundscapes, yu'll love this. I particularly like the episode entitled "The Art of Listening Part 1". Check it out!
I really really like the idea of work being installed over the weekend to unexplained pieces of work.
this could also link in to the manifesto evening with parents who usually come to performances and parents evening seeing the installations.
we would have to make sure every one involved in work being installed is able to keep secrets, I think one little whisper and it could all be ruined.
Post a Comment