Wednesday 31 December 2008

Christmas Making

For me the best thing about Christmas is the opportunity it offers for a whole day spent making something. On Amber's point about the lack of things prompting creativity, the lack of broadband at my parents' house certainly meant I had to look elsewhere for distraction. The camera took a long while to make, but I think I might have been a bit disappointed if it hadn't tested my patience a little bit. We have taken our first roll of film and we are awaiting developments (sorry) with a mixture of excitement and trepidation. It will be interesting to see how giving up the sort of instant technology we are familiar with changes how we plan and execute image making (there we go again Amber - your post was very prescient.)

1 comment:

Jon said...

This is fantastic. I love the fading light and the opening and closing of the scissors. Genius. I hope your first film is a success...