Hi folks and a belated welcome back to the new year at Tallis.
Just thought I'd pose a couple of questions to get you thinking about our plans for this year. If you could return your thoughts via a comment I would be most grateful:
- What do you think should be the focus of our investigations this year?
- Should we expand the membership of the group? We've lost a couple of very valuable Year 13 members (although I'm hoping Tom will continue to play a part in our discussions. Who else should we invite to be in the Creative Tallis Action Research Group?
- What do you think about the idea of continuing our collaboration with Tangled Feet in some form? Could we create some kind of community, site-specific performance together? How else could we work with visiting artists/practitioners to explore creative learning?
- Are any of you interested in doing the Arts Award based on your involvement in Creative Tallis? We looked at this last year but didn't get very far. Should we have another go?
- Do you think it's a good idea to set up a kind of Creative Learning Council for students. My thoughts here are that we could empower students to create briefs and commission work from visiting (or in-house) creative practitioners using the School of Creativity budget. The students would be responsible for identifying the scope and aims of the partnership, negotiating with staff members about the curriculum focus, writing the briefs, documenting the projects and evaluating the outcomes. Obviously, they would trained in these skills and have support from other members of staff. What do you think?